Table of Contents
TaxEngine tax calculation requirements
What properties must my application set in order for the KampData TaxEngine to calculate tax?
The KampData TaxEngine was designed to behave similarly to Microsoft Dynamics GP in regard to order entry and tax calculation. The following steps detail the minimum requirements for tax calculation.
Tax Schedule selection
- Setting the DocCustomerID property will automatically set the LineTaxScheduleID property to the customer's default ship to address's Tax Schedule ID.
- Setting the DocDefaultShipToAddressID property will automatically set the LineTaxScheduleID property to this address's Tax Schedule ID.
- This will also set the line's tax location to the values stored for this address in the Customer Master Address Table.
NOTE: When setting the DocCustomerID property, the DocDefaultShipToAddressID property or when calling the DocTaxScheduleSelect method, the Tax Schedule ID might not originate from the customer's address record. Please see Tax Location for more information.
Customer and Item Taxability
Handling Tax Exempt Customers or Item Taxability
- For the KampData TaxEngine to know if a customer is taxable or exempt, you must provide the customer ID. Please see Customer ID FAQ for more information.
- To handle item taxabilty, you must provide the item number and tax location state.