Begin by trying to print the report non-SQL Optimized. This may allow you to print the report successfully and serve as a workaround until the problem is resolved.
As a rule, the standard/typical document does not cause SQL errors. You must identify the abnormal/atypical document(s) that causes the error. Please see the instructions below. Once you have identified the error causing document, we can recreate that document in our internal test environment to debug the report process and thereby prevent this abnormality from causing future errors.
How can I identify a document that causes an error when printing a DZ report?
Divide your existing date range in half, and try to print each half.
Whichever half has the error is the half that contains the error-causing document (please refer to the example, steps 1 & 2). Continue this method until you to narrow the error down to a single day.
NOTE: In most cases, there is only a single document that causes the error. However, if you divide a range in half and get the error in both halves, then please just focus on only one of the halves as we should only need to identify a single document.
With the date range down to a single day, you can now begin restricting the report by document number.
Generate a list of documents by date using the DynamicZip Sales Tax - Option E report. Create a new Option E report restricted to the day you have narrowed down to, disable the SQL Optimized setting, and set the Primary sort to “Document Number”.
With the help of the Option E report described above, continue narrowing down the original report by document number. Sift throught the document numbers in the same manner as you did with the dates until you end up with a single, error causing document number. Once you have identified an error causing document, please e-mail email@example.com, and supply as much information about the error causing document as possible. Screen prints can be very helpful. By creating an exact replica of the error causing document, we should be able to recreate the error, debug the report, and provide a service pack to resolve the error.
Let's say my beginning date range is 2/1/08 to 2/29/08. I begin by cutting my date range in half (2/1 to 2/14 and 2/15 to 2/29). My date range of 2/15/08 to 2/29/08 causes the error, so next I divide that date range in half (2/15 to 2/22 and 2/23 to 2/29). I continue in this manner until I have narrowed the error down to a single day (2/25/08).
Using the Sales - Option E report (Primary sort: Document Number, non-SQL Optimized and restricted to 2/25/08) I find that my documents for that day begin with the document number “SOP00001” and end with “SOP00200”.
I go back to my error causing report and add a restriction by document numbers SOP00001 to SOP00100, and then print the report. That doesn't cause the error so I change that restriction to document numbers SOP00101 to SOP00200. This does cause the error. I know now that my error causing document is within that range of documents. Next I try the range SOP00101 to SOP00150. I get the error again, so again I narrow down the range of document numbers. I use SOP00101 to SOP00125. No error so I try SOP00126 to SOP150… I continue in this manner until I finally get down to SOP00132.
I use screen prints of the inquiry windows to show what SOP00132 looks like. I do my best to show the line items, tax information, customer information and anything else that might prove helpful to Kamp-Data's support technicians. Then I e-mail all my information (GP version, DZ build number, SQL Server version, etc.) and screen prints to firstname.lastname@example.org.